Until 1951, the farmstead was located across the street. A fire then damaged all the buildings, so that a new farmstead was built in 1952.
At that time the farm had an agricultural area of about 40ha and a livestock of about 10 cows with offspring and oxen, as well as 10 breeding sows, which were kept in a closed system.
The farm was managed in this way until 1972, with only small increases, and only then did it begin to grow in area and livestock.
Today, our farm cultivates around 800 hectares of arable land and has over 1900 pig and 330 bull fattening places. For 30 years, the use and expansion of renewable energies in the form of wind power and photovoltaics has played a central role for us.
Learn about the history of Hof Sandering, which began in 1952.